Oh, SNAP! I have been nominated for the 2013 Liebster Award! I will admit it has been several weeks since I was nominated, but due to a brief break to enjoy life as it unfolded for me, I am just now finally accepting this award!
Now, in order to accept the Liebster Award, one must do the following things:
1. Thank (and link to) the presenter of my 2013 Liebster Award.
I am humbled that my friend Susan Bahr over at Letters to Rosa thought of me and nominated me! You must stop over at her blog and check out the writing she is doing about her family.
2. Post 11 fascinating facts about myself
1. I eat oatmeal every morning for breakfast. The rolled oats kind, not that sissy instant stuff. Although that is tasty, too.
2. I’m not all that social, except online.
3. I used to be more social when I was younger, but that was before the internet existed.
4. I am tall. 5’9″-ish.
5. I love animals. All of them. Even frogs.
6. I read more online ebooks than I do paper books. I love ezines! Flip, flip!
7. I am a morning person, and definitely not a late night person.
8. I have gone swimming with dolphins…3 different times. Twice in Hawaii and once in Honduras.
9. I am still BFF with my BFF from when I was 18 years old.
10. I hate algebra. HATE. It’s a strong word, but I mean it. GRRrrrr.
11. I enjoy blogging and meeting new people who share the same interests.
3. Answer the 11 questions that my nominator made up for me.
Here’s a list of Q’s for all you new Nominees:
1. If I weren’t blogging about this stuff I would be… riding my horse.
2. Who are you named after? No one, but my middle name is Autumn, after the season I was born in.
3. I would like my epitaph to read as follows: I want to be cremated. There is no epitaph, is there?
4. Favorite quote: The past is a guide post, not a hitching post.
5. Something I will never understand is… Congress.
6. If I could run around all day everyday, dressed any way that I pleased I would wear: My Wranglers and barn boots.
7. What class do you wish you had paid more attention to in school? History.
8. Do you write full-time? No, not yet!
9. What’s your dream job? Working as a writer from home. Or inventing something HUGE, getting on Oprah, and retiring so I don’t have to work at all.
10. Where is your dream Writer’s Corner? In my comfy chair staring out at the lake.
11. What’s the craziest thing you have ever learned about your family? That somehow I am related to Miep Gies who helped hide Anne Frank and her family in the attic.
Onto the next step:
4. Make up 11 questions to be answered by the 11 blogs who I choose to award the Liebster too.
OK, here they are (thanks to my nominator):
1) Define your perfect day
2) Tell me about something you love
3) Tell me about something you hate
4) Tell me why you blog
5) What is your favorite joke?
6) Do you like lists?
7) Where would you travel if funds and time were unlimited
8) Who do you wish you could meet today (living, dead, superhero, villan, historical character, family member, a fellow blogger – pick one, any one will do)
9) Will you write a poem?
11) Yes, I’ve run out of questions (insert your own here)
5. Nominate 11 bloggers who I personally enjoy, AND whose subscriber count does not exceed 200. Okay – if I nominate you and you have like a bazillion followers, please be honest and forthright and accept this nomination anyway. Who doesn’t need more love?
6. Link to the 11 bloggers you’ve chosen, and then be sure to tell them you nominated them!